Believe it or not
1. Largest mass wedding ceremony in a prison It's not only a place where all the so called bad guys are placed but also sometimes some unusual good things happen. Latin America's biggest prison complex the Carandiur prison, resides in the Brazilian state of Sao Paolo. On June 14 2000, with 120 inmates jumping with wedding joy got married. The grooms wore coats and ties, but had to keep their prison uniform pants on. Marrying a prisoner doesn't just simply saying "I Do" may be they also have to say "I will do the time". According to some statistical studies about 85% of marriages where one spouse is locked up for a year or two ends in divorce. Most of these spouses wish they said "I don't" But anyway the wedding on June 14 2000 was the largest prison wedding which holds a guinnessrecord.
2. Veil or........ The wedding of Hollywood's yester year actress Grace Kelly in 1956, with Monaco's Prince Rainier III, may be the most glamorous royal union to date. She had priceless wedding accessories to make the wedding look 'the one'. She wore a veil embroidered with several thousand seed pearls and a diamond engagement ring said to be the size of Wollman's, the popular ice skating ring in New York's Central Park.
3. Largest underwater wedding!!! What wedding under water ? Yes we do get a question mark in our minds when we hear or see things like this. Under Water weddings have been done and they are legal, all the vows and everything are done underwater but the resgiter is signed on land. The largest one of them happened on August 22 1998 and holds a guinness record for that. Emily Johnson and Bob Woodberry of Florida USA held the largest underwater wedding with a total of 31 divers submerged in the water.
4. The story of the Six storied cake. Once upon a time, in 1967, at the posh Aladdin Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada a wedding ceremony was going on. Still wondering whose, it was the wedding of the one whose name itself mesmerises many people and who was the heart throb of many girls. Yes it was the wedding of 'the King of rock n roll', Elvis presely with Priscilla Ann Beaulieu. The wedding ceremony featured a six-foot, six-tier wedding cake, covered with pearl-studded, red and pink hearts. Today, the and the couple's wedding attire are preserved and displayed like royal treasures at Elvis' former home, Graceland.
5. Largest wedding banquet Imagine a wedding banquet of 150,000 people, well whether you can imagine or not, there had been a wedding banquet of that size on September 7 1995. A luncheon hosted by Jayalalitha Jayaram, Tamilnadu chief minister and movie star at her foster son's wedding. The banquet was arranged in grounds by the coast in Chennai(the then Madras).
6. Can a dress be so costly "Canada's Royal Wedding", the wedding of a canadian sports star and an American movie star. American actress Janet Jones Canadian hockey great Wayne Gretsky got inot a wed lock in 1988. They got marriced in Edmonton at St.Joseph's Basilica before a crowd of 650. The thing was in Jones wedding attire. Jones walked down the aisle in a $40,000 dress by designer Peri Malek, adorned with pearls, rhinestones and a 20-foot detachable train. At the altar, Gretsky placed a three-carat, $125,000 diamond on Janet's hand and then guided her to a new cream color Rolls Royce.
7. Pet wedding Are you surprised to hear that don't get suprised right now there's something else also to read. In September 1996, two rare 'diamond-eyed' cats Phet and Ploy, got into a wed-lock, both of them had matching pink outfits and. The wedding ceremony was at Thailand's biggest discotheque. This wedding holds a guinness record for the 'Most expensive pet wedding,' it cost about 410979 Thai Bhat to Phet's owner, that's about $16,241 USD. Luky cats.
8. Lavish wedding May be the most lavish wedding was that of Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt. In July 2000 the vows were made by Aniston and Brad Pitt, on a multimillion dollar California estate with sweeping views of the ocean. The bride wore a $56,000 Lawrence Steele gown. The festivities cost around a $1 million, which included a $10,000 worth heart-shape fireworks.
9. Country with the highest Marriage rate Which country do you think has the highest marriage rate, thinking of a very big country, but no, it's Maldives an archipelago of about 1,190 islands. It has 19.7 marriages per 1,000 people marriage rate in 1995 which was a guinness record.
10. Teritory with the highest marriage rate The US Virgin islands holds the guinness record for this since 1995, it's about 35.1 marriages per 1000 people.
11. Shortest married couple On October 27 1998 Douglas Maitre Brger da Silva (DOB 21 Sept. 1969) and Claudia Pereira Rocha (DOB 6 Sept. 1972) got married in Curitiba, Brazil. The groom, Douglas, measured 90 cm.(35 in.) and the bride, Claudia, measured 93 cm. (36 in.)
12. Tall bride short groom Always men do look for brides who are shorter than them. But what do we know, as well said love is blind. You don't know when the sparks fly and love ignites, and when it does it doesn't see tall short or any, it happened the same with the Hollywood's most famous celebrity couple, Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise. Nicole Kidman was taller than Tom Cruise but they didn't mind, that. Many admired that couple and also many said what a romantic couple. When they walked together it really seemed fine even though Nicole was taller. But the sad part is they are seperated........